Every new Mazda comes with a limited warranty that provides coverage in the unlikely event a repair is needed in the first years of ownership. Exact details are in your warranty information booklet, but rest-assured, we'll be right there with you. Along with your warranty coverage, Mazda provides 24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance for specific warranties, so the only thing you will need to do is enjoy the drive. Keep in mind, Mazda warranty coverage is based on following recommended factory maintenance — a convenient way to store your service records is in the MyMazda Service History Pages. It's easy to complete and a good way to manage your service history.
|3-year/36,000-mile1||New-Vehicle Limited Warranty|
|5-year/60,000-mile1||Powertrain Limited Warranty|
|3-year/36,000-mile1||24/7 Roadside Assistance Program|
New-Vehicle Limited Warranty
The New-Vehicle Limited Warranty period for defects in materials and workmanship in all parts supplied by Mazda2 is 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. This transferable limited warranty is included on all new Mazda vehicles sold and serviced in the United States.
Powertrain Limited Warranty
The Powertrain Limited Warranty period for defects in materials and workmanship in the powertrain components supplied by Mazda3 is 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. This limited warranty is transferable during the warranty period on all new Mazda vehicles sold and serviced in the United States. Please reference the warranty chart above for further warranty information.
RX-8 Rotary Engine Core Limited Warranty Extension
Mazda Motor Corporation extended the warranty coverage on rotary engine core components on all RX-8 vehicles. The warranty coverage for the Rotary Engine Core Components is extended to eight years (96 months) from the original warranty start date, with a 100,000 mileage limitation. The following is a list of components covered by this warranty:
Rotary Engine Core
- Rotary Housing and Internal Parts
- Internal Seals and Gaskets
24/7 Emergency Roadside Assistance
If a Mazda vehicle is not drivable due to a warranted part failure during the coverage period of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (36 months/36,000 miles), towing service will be covered to the nearest Mazda Dealer. In addition, if a Mazda vehicle is not drivable due to the failure of a warranted powertrain component, then towing service will be covered during the coverage period of the Mazda Powertrain Limited Warranty (60 months/60,000 miles). If a Mazda RX-8 is not drivable due to the failure of a warranted rotary engine core component, then towing service will be covered during the coverage period of the Rotary Engine Care Limited Warranty Extension (96 months/100,000 miles).
Download MYMAZDA App
Parts and Accessories Warranty
Genuine Mazda Parts Warranty
Mazda's genuine new or remanufactured parts (other than battery) and accessories purchased from or installed by a Mazda dealer are covered under the Replacement Parts and Accessories Warranty. This includes Mazda Accessories installed by a Mazda dealer prior to the retail delivery of a new Mazda vehicle. A Mazda dealer will repair or replace any properly installed Mazda part or accessory found to be defective in material or workmanship during the Replacement Parts and Accessories Warranty or the remainder of the warranty coverage applied by Mazda to the component.
Mazda's Replacement Parts and Accessories Warranty coverage
Dealer-Installed Replacement Part or Accessory under the New-Vehicle Limited Warranty:
1996 and newer vehicles
- 12 months/12,000 miles, whichever comes first from the date the part was installed on the vehicle.
- Labor for replacement will also be covered.
- Customer must provide a copy of the Mazda Dealer repair order showing installation of the part at an authorized Mazda dealer.
Mazda Brake Parts Warranty
Our brakes stop, our warranty doesn’t. All Genuine Mazda and Value Products by Mazda Brake Pads and Shoes Come with a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- All Mazda Genuine Parts or Value Products by Mazda Brake Pads and Shoes are under warranty, as long as the original purchaser of the replacement brake pads or shoes owns the vehicle on which they were originally installed.
- Warranty is always valid if installation was done by an authorized Mazda dealer.
- If the brake pads and/or shoes become damaged, defective, or worn out during the warranty period, they may be exchanged for new warranty-equivalent Mazda Genuine Parts or Value Products by Mazda Brake Pads or Shoes.
- Upon purchase, your authorized Mazda dealer will provide you with a service repair order, which is considered proof of purchase under the terms of the warranty. When requesting a warranty replacement, the service repair order must be presented, and the original components must be returned and exchanged for new replacement brake pads or shoes.
- The customer is responsible for installation charges upon replacement. See your authorized Mazda dealer for a complete list of warranty rights and limitations.
Mazda High-Performance Replacement Battery Warranty
36/60-Month Replacement Warranty
If Mazda Dealer installed, coverage is as follows:
- 1-36 months: Free replacement and labor
- 37-48 months: Customer is responsible for 70% of the battery MSRP and labor
- 49-60 months: Customer is responsible for 80% of the battery MSRP and labor
What's not covered by your battery's warranty:
- Damage or failure due to accidents, misuse, theft, fire, freezing, improper discharging, etc.
- Use in applications for which the battery is not designed
- Improper installation or battery recharging
Mazda battery warranties are subject to the limitations and exclusions listed in the Mazda Vehicle’s Warranty Information Booklet, “What is Not Covered,” under the Replacement Parts and Accessories Warranty.
Mazda notes that all Genuine Mazda Accessories, if installed by the Mazda Dealer prior to or at initial vehicle retail delivery, carry the same new-vehicle limited warranty as the vehicle. See dealer for limited-warranty details. With all accessories, please check with your Mazda dealer for applicable models. In some cases, additional parts may be required for proper installation. In all cases, professional installation by your Mazda Dealer is recommended. Mazda reserves the right to change product availability or specifications at any time without incurring obligations. See your Mazda Dealer for details.