To view California Privacy Information, click here.
To view Virginia Privacy Information, click here.
Information Regarding Privacy Practices
The Online Services may provide links to other Mazda North American Operations websites or third-party websites not controlled by Mazda, such as Mazda authorized dealer sites, third-party vehicle purchase sites, or third-party product review sites. Any information collected by those websites is subject to those sites’ privacy policies, and we recommend that you check the privacy policies of those sites before providing any information to them.
WHAT DO WE COLLECT?
- Identifying Information. For example, we may collect your name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, MyMazda account credentials, mailing address, email address, postal address, and telephone number, including your mobile phone number.
- Demographics. For example, age and gender.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect your information for security purposes in visitor logs if you visit a Mazda location.
- Internet and other Network Activity Information. For example, if you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using and the pages you visited on our site. We may also look at what sites you came from, or what sites you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we may look at how often you use the app and how you use the app.
- Payment Information. For example, for purchases you make directly with Mazda, we may collect the credit card number and billing address you provide to us.
- Audio and Visual Information. For example, audio recordings for calls with Mazda Customer Service or security videos at Mazda locations.
- Inferences. For example, your preferences and household income.
- Service Information. For example, dates and location of service.
- Warranty and Recall History. For example, recall numbers and start date.
- Social Media Information. We may collect the information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our platforms. This may also include an identifier for your device, your IP address, or your mobile operating system.
- Information You Provide. For example, the information you volunteer in connection with surveys, promotions, and marketing events.
WHERE DO WE GET YOUR INFORMATION FROM?
- Mazda Authorized Dealerships
- Mazda Websites and Mobile Applications
- Mazda Brand Companies
- Mazda Events
- Mazda Financial Services Partners
- Third Party Data Brokers and Service Providers
- Government Regulatory Agencies
Cookies and Other Digital Technologies
We and our third-party partners use web cookies, beacons, pixels, and similar digital technologies (“Cookies”) to collect information about your usage of and interactions with the Online Services and third-party websites, applications, and advertisements to enhance your customer experience. These Cookies are used for analytics purposes, to learn how visitors interact with the Online Services, to improve the Online Services, to facilitate your preferences (including opt-out requests), and to assess and facilitate the delivery of effective digital advertising on the Online Services and third-party platforms, including advertising that is personalized based on your inferred interests and preferences.
There are two categories of Cookies on our website, “Functional and Targeting” and “Necessary and Performance” Cookies. Functional Cookies are Cookies that allow websites to remember choices you make to give you better functionality and personal features. Targeting Cookies also known as advertising Cookies collect information about your online activities on mazdausa.com for the purpose of delivering relevant advertisements across our websites and/or online services. Necessary and Performance are essential to provide you with the website’s core functionality; these Cookies collect information about the performance of our website and how our website is used and are required to ensure a smooth operating experience for the website user and you cannot opt out of these Cookies. You can register your preferences regarding “Functional and Targeting” Cookies by clicking here: Manage Cookie Preferences.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Transaction Processing
- Safety, Warranty & Recall
- Providing Emergency Response Services
- Marketing Mazda Vehicles and Services
- Regulatory Compliance
- Improving our Products and Services
- Vehicle Diagnostics and Servicing
- Customer Service
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Mazda Brand Companies - We may share any of the PI we collect with our parent company and other affiliates for global vehicle and customer service improvement.
- Service Providers - Service providers engaged by Mazda solely to perform services on behalf of Mazda, including but not limited to services to you such as customer care services, promotion and event services, and surveys and contests.
- Social Media - We may share information you post on social media channels on Mazda social media channels.
- Third Party Advertisers - We share your internet-based activity information with third party advertisers for the purpose of marketing Mazda vehicles and services to you. These third parties may share your information with other third parties and they may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others, including internet-based advertising.
- Third Party Rating Services - We share Identifying Information and Vehicle Information with third parties that we believe can add value to your experience with Mazda products and services; for example, companies that offer safety ratings or consumer auto reviews and reports.
- Third Party Analytics Providers - We share Identifying Information, Internet and other Network Activity Information, and Vehicle Information with third parties who perform analytics for Mazda product improvement and generate aggregated industry reporting but whom do not share your PI with other third parties.
- Entertainment Services - We share Identifying Information and Vehicle Information with third parties that offer you services like satellite radio in your vehicle.
- Mazda Dealerships - We share Identifying Information, Demographics, Vehicle Information, Service Information, Warranty and Recall History, Internet and other Network Activity Information, and Information You Provide with dealers for the purpose of warranty, recall, customer service, and marketing Mazda vehicles and services to you.
- Financial Services - We share Identifying Information and Vehicle Information to verify your purchase or lease of a Mazda vehicle.
- Legal and Safety Reasons - We may disclose any of the categories of PI that we collect to reasonably comply with legal obligations or pending litigation, cooperate with lawful investigations, participate in programs run by or for government agencies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of you, us, or others.
- Business Transfer - We may disclose any of the categories of PI that we collect in connection with a transfer, sale, or other transaction involving a change of ownership of our business assets.
- As Directed by You - We may disclose any of the categories of PI that we collect based on your direction.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will keep your PI for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we may retain your PI only for the following reasons:
- As required by law (e.g. safety recalls, tax, or regulatory reporting).
- Records preservation in connection with existing or potential disputes or litigation.
- Address any issues with the services that may have arisen (e.g. such as improving the quality of vehicle servicing and repair).
- Internal research and development (e.g. how to improve our products and offerings to the public).
- Preserve historical records of transactions, financing, and vehicle servicing (e.g. vehicle sales, loans, and dealership service records).
- Maintain and process business records for analysis, as well as for tax and audit purposes.
- Our internal marketing purposes which you may have chosen to receive (e.g. information about future product offerings).
We will dispose of your PI when it is no longer needed for any of the purposes described above.
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to help us protect the personally identifiable information you provide through the Online Services. However, no security systems are 100% impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the Online Services, nor can we guarantee that the information you provide will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personally identifiable information about a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
© 2023 Mazda North American Operations. All rights reserved. All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music, sounds and other materials on the Online Services are subject to the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of Mazda Motor of America, Inc., its affiliated companies and its licensors. Mazda Motor of America, Inc. owns the copyrights in the selection, coordination and arrangement of the materials on the Online Services. These materials may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these materials be modified or reposted to other web sites.
Effective Date: January 1, 2023