FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our detailed FAQ covers the most commonly asked questions about Mazda Fleet. We hope these pages can answer all your questions, whether you're just now considering a Mazda Fleet account or are a longstanding Mazda Fleet customer. If you have questions not covered in the FAQ, feel free to contact any authorized Mazda Fleet Dealer.
NEW/POTENTIAL FLEET CUSTOMERS
Mazda North American Operations established the Mazda National Fleet Operations Department for the purpose of providing the best possible service to our customers in the following segments:
- Commercial fleet accounts;
- Government fleet entities;
- Fleet Management and Leasing company support;
- Major rental companies; and
- Other independent and licensee rental operations.
A Commercial Fleet account is defined as any account that:
- Purchases a Mazda as a fleet unit from a dealer and has the vehicle reported as a fleet sale;
- Has asked Mazda for assistance beyond the normal fleet incentive through a Competitive Price Allowance (CPA) with the intent of reporting that vehicle as a fleet sale;
- Purchases any unit for an end-user through a leasing company and reported fleet.
An eligible fleet account means a qualified Commercial Leasing Company, Commercial Fleet, or Daily Rental Company that has purchased and/or registered (for use in its business or for lease to others) no less than five (5) motor vehicles during the twelve (12) month period or calendar year preceding the date that the Program Period starts, or any other entity designated by Mazda from time to time in any Mazda Fleet Program as an Eligible Fleet Account.
An Eligible Fleet Vehicle is a new Mazda brand motor vehicle of the type identified by Mazda in the Mazda Fleet Program, which is sold by a Dealer and first registered or titled to an Eligible Fleet Account in the United States of America in accordance with the provisions of the Mazda Fleet Program. No vehicle shall be an Eligible Fleet Vehicle which has been used as a demonstrator or service loaner, or as otherwise determined by Mazda. No vehicle leased by an Eligible Fleet Account to its customer shall be an Eligible Fleet Vehicle unless such lease is determined by Mazda to be a bona fide lease for a term of not less than twelve (12) months. Additional information regarding fleets and delivery objectives may be found in the General Terms and Conditions.
A Competitive Price Allowance (CPA) is written on behalf of an account with the intention of featuring Mazda in the portfolio of their fleet of vehicles. A CPA may be written on behalf of one or more vehicles in the Mazda Fleet Program. CPAs are made up of two components:
- "Street Incentives" – The incentive offered to all accounts regardless of incremental CPA support. Street Incentives are established at the beginning of the model year and remain static for that model year.
- Competitive Price Allowance – These vary by account based on factors such as volume expectations, loyalty of account and production commitments to certain body styles, powertrains, options, etc. Competitive Price Allowance guidelines are established with "ranges" determined at the beginning of the model year to allow the Fleet Department to work in a timely manner to insure that CPA can be administered expeditiously.
Mazda will, on occasion, be asked to bid on global bids and Request For Proposal (RFP). Specific criteria for different companies can vary dramatically. Critical to the process is:
- Complete and accurate information requested;
- Meeting all guidelines for compliance as it relates to timeliness and vehicle specifics; and
- Any and all information relating to Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) and Mazda Corporate (MC).
A Government Fleet may be defined as, but not limited to, any federal, state, city or municipality in need of vehicles for the purpose of a vehicle that is government registered from government usage. Examples of frequently provided government vehicles are work trucks, people movers, etc.
These companies are entities that facilitate delivery of vehicles to end-user companies and, for a fee, administer purchase and title, delivery through OEM dealerships for courtesy delivery, and assist in or fully assume responsibility for the disposal of the vehicle at lease end.
Each company maintains relationships with most if not all nameplates in their portfolio, and ultimately ensures that there is a seamless transition between company "driver" acceptance of their new-lease car and disposal of their previous vehicle. These companies maintain relationships with major auctions to assist in disposal but will also, in many cases, assist in the sale through the fleet customer's internal sources or employees.
EXISTING FLEET CUSTOMERS
WSL User IDs are issued by Mazda's corporate office for access to secure online ordering, order tracking and invoice printing capabilities. To obtain a User ID, please send an email to the Fleet Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- The name of your company; The Fleet Identification Number(s) (F.I.N.) associated with your company;
- The First, Last Name and Title of the user; and
- A Phone number and email;
- A representative from our department will then contact you to establish your User ID.
Using your WSL User ID, you can track your orders on the fleet website under the Ordering section. Please note that you will not have visibility to track your order until: 1) a vehicle reference number has been created and assigned for factory order unit(s); or 2) the order has been fulfilled with a port pool unit and a VIN has been assigned.
You can send an email to email@example.com, stating that you need to order duplicate copies. You will need to include in the email the following information:
- The full 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN) of the vehicle(s);
- The address to where the document needs to be sent; and
- The name and phone number of the person to receive the document.
- Upon verification of the VIN and authority of the requesting party, duplicate documents will be sent via UPS.
Advertising fees are waived for vehicles ordered through (MNAO) Fleet Department. Vehicles purchased from dealer inventory are not eligible for this benefit.